Providing the right content, at the right time, to the right customer enables organizations to rise above the numerous sites and digital pitches now competing for customer attention. However, at this time, marketing executives are struggling with ways to create more content, deliver it with greater frequency, and streamline its delivery. In addition, few organizations are measuring the results of their content marketing across emerging social media channels. These are some of the findings of a new survey of 217 marketing professionals, conducted by Unisphere Research, a division of Information Today, Inc., sponsored by Skyword Inc. The new research confirms a movement toward engaging with a range of channels to better understand and interact with customers and markets.
The survey uncovered these key findings:
- Comprehensive content marketing strategies are gaining traction in enterprises.
- More than two-thirds of respondents indicate that the primary objective of their content marketing program is to engage customers and prospects.
- Social media is an increasingly important element of companies’ content discovery and amplification strategies.
- Close to nine-tenths of marketers say they create their own original content on-site.
- Marketers feel that content volume and frequency are too low for today’s always-on economy.
- Two-thirds of executives say their greatest challenge is to produce more targeted, relevant content to engage audiences.