Today, more than ever, businesses rely on IT to deliver a competitive edge. They want efficiency, agility and the ability to innovate. However, the reality is most IT departments are struggling just to keep the lights on. A recent Unisphere Research study found that the amount of resources spent on ongoing database management activities is impacting productivity at two-thirds of organizations across North America. The number one culprit is database performance.
Performance tuning is the fastest-growing activity occupying the time of IT departments. Database workloads are increasing in size and complexity, fueled by a steady upsurge in data as well as user demands for more sophisticated applications. The end result is that maintaining the performance and availability of business-critical systems is becoming more costly and difficult through traditional means. Many organizations are evaluating new technologies and strategies to address this challenge, from database monitoring tools, to new types of databases, to virtualization and cloud approaches. Download this special report to gain a deeper understanding of the key technologies and techniques for optimizing database performance today.
Table of Contents:
- Five Avenues that Lead to High-Performing Databases by Joe McKendrick
- An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure by DBI
- Case Study: Lion Brewery (Ceylon) PLC Taps Into New Regional Markets With IBM and SAP by IBM
- Fast Data: Where Speed and Scale Merge by VoltDB
- Boost Your SQL Server Performance Using 5 Easy Techniques by Embarcadero