Today, there are more things connected to the Internet than people on the planet. From home appliances and cars, to light bulbs and livestock, if you can attach a sensor to it, it can be become part of a universe of physical objects able to communicate and interact digitally. According to estimates, this universe is on track to exceed over 25 billion devices by 2020, not including PCs, tablets and smartphones. This connectivity means more data, gathered from more places, than ever before in history.The Internet of Things has the potential to transform how and when decisions are made throughout business and our daily lives, but only if that data can be processed, analyzed and used effectively. New approaches to data management are absolutely essential. Download this special report to learn about the key technologies and best practices
Table of Contents Include:
- IN THE INTERNET OF THINGS, DATA IS EVERYONE’S BUSINESS by Joe McKendrick
- CONNECTED APPS FOR THE INTERNET OF THINGS by EmbarcaderoTechnologies, Inc.
- ADDRESSING THE UNIQUE DATA NEEDS OF THE INTERNET OF THINGS by Treasure Data
- CLOSE TO THE EDGE:HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE INTERNET OF THINGS by Predixion Software
- THE FOUR DATA MANAGEMENT CHALLENGES WITH INTERNET OF THINGS APPLICATIONS: ARE YOU PREPARED? By Couchbase
- GLEANING VALUE FROM THE INDUSTRIAL INTERNET OF THINGS (IIOT) by Attunity