View From the Top by Howard Ting CMO Redis Labs
When Redis was invented 10 years ago, the tech landscape looked dramatically different. But what hasn’t changed is the need for database speed—in fact it’s become more critical as more people work, socialize, shop, and play online.
Redis is the world’s most popular in-memory database, and delivers superior performance, reliability, and flexibility for a wide variety of applications and enterprise solutions.
Known for its speed and ease of use, developers often use Redis as a front-end cache for slower databases. We have more than 7,900 customers around the world, including:
- 5 of the Fortune 10
- The top 4 communications companies
- 3 of the top 4 credit card issuers
- 3 of the top 6 healthcare companies
And Redis is increasingly used for mission-critical use cases beyond the cache. For example:
- Global retailers leverage Redis and Active-Active database replication for real-time inventory to ensure fast and seamless omni-channel shopping experiences.
- Multiplayer games use Redis Sorted Sets and Hashes to generate instant leaderboards.
- Financial institutions choose Redis Enterprise to detect fraud in real-time.
Redis is consistently ranked the most-loved database in Stack Overflow’s Annual Developer Survey, and Redis expertise is one of the 20 fastest-growing tech skills according to the Dice 2020 Tech Salary Report.
The next 10 years will put even more pressure on database performance. Thousands of companies have already discovered that Redis is an essential part of tomorrow’s technology stack—rediscover how Redis can help you conquer your next challenges. Visit us at https://redislabs.com.