Winners' Circle by Adam Famularo, CEO of erwin, Inc.
erwin Data Modeler
Data management isn’t just a technology conversation, but it does require the right technology. That’s where erwin comes in and why we’re excited to win the DBTA Readers’ Choice Award for data modeling for the fourth consecutive year.
While data has been accepted as a strategic asset and transformational tool in theory, companies still have challenges mastering it. This opportunity led erwin to expand its focus from data modeling to data management, and we’ve doubled our R&D investment to bring innovation across that spectrum, including enterprise architecture, business processing modeling and data governance. These disciplines typically have been siloed practices with disparate tools that don’t enable collaboration. However, success in this digital business age requires an integrated, holistic approach to data management that enables an organization to:
- Effectively manage and govern massive volumes of data
- Consolidate and build applications with hybrid architectures, including traditional, big data, cloud and on premise
- Support expanding regulatory requirements, such as GDPR
- Simplify collaboration across key roles and improve alignment with accurate financial and operational information
- Improve business processes for operational efficiency and compliance
- Empower employees with self-service access for enterprise data capability, fluency and accountability, giving them the right information at the right time to improve decision-making
How you manage mission-critical information determines your ability to create new products, improve productivity and influence customer behavior. Without accurate insights across the enterprise, neither these nor any other C-level objective can be achieved. But integrated data management provides greater visibility, context, value and collaboration for datadriven success.
erwin Data Modeler