With the advancements in data technology, many businesses now have data coming in at unprecedented amounts. The key for many of these organizations is to maximize the value of their data and turn that value into financial benefits. Tim Nicholson, director of Informer Services with Entrinsik, recently conducted a webinar on this topic.
An important starting point is being able to gather data from multiple different sources. Many organizations now use different sources to gather the large amounts of data. Also, with new types of data such as social media, organizations have to be flexible in being able to gather data.
According to Nicholson, the 5 keys to maximizing the value of organizational data include:
- A Self-Service Interface - “We’re moving away from managing data and moving toward filtering data from where it lives,” stated Nicholson. It is important for the process to be end-user focused to make it as easy as possible for the end user and take the stress off of a company’s IT department.
- The Ability to Easily Blend Data from Multiple Sources - Being able to blend data from multiple sources will give executives a more efficient process of viewing their organizations data.
- The Ability to Analyze Results on the Fly - The quicker an organization is able to take their data and gather business insight will give them that much of a step up on the competition. To perform this task as efficiently as possible users must have access to real-time data and interactive dashboards and reports to manipulate the data.
- Ease of Setup and Configuration - This is another step that is concerned with being as streamlined and efficient as possible. Not having complex metadata or warehouse setups will result in a faster ROI.
- Controlled Data Access - Security has never been a bigger topic than it is right now. It is important that for businesses to be able to control access to the data on a granular level, but also restricting user and group access from certain data as well.
To view the webinar, go here.