Aerospike has announced that Aerospike Connect for Presto is out of beta and now generally available. The announcement was made via a blog post by Kiran Matty, director of product management at Aerospike.
Aerospike is a scalable NoSQL data platform with hybrid memory architecture used for analytics workloads. It is typically deployed into real-time environments managing terabyte-to-petabyte data volumes and supports millisecond read and write latencies and leverages storage innovations such as PMem or persistent memory from best of breed hardware companies such as HPE and Intel.
By storing indexes in DRAM, and data on persistent storage (SSD) and reading directly from disk, Aerospike provides speed and cost-efficiency. It can be deployed alongside other scalable distributed software such as Kafka, Presto, Spark, etc. via the Aerospike Connect product line for data analysis.
Matty noted the newly available Presto connector enables business and data analysts to use ANSI SQL, which they are very comfortable with, to query data stored in Aerospike via Presto. "Presto is a highly parallel and distributed SQL query engine. Further, it is multi-tenant and capable of concurrently running hundreds of memory, I/O, and CPU-intensive queries, and scaling to thousands of workers."
According to Matty, the notable features of Aerospike Connect for Presto include:
- The ability to run ANSI SQL queries in-place on massive amounts of data
- Federate queries across multiple Aerospike clusters or between Aerospike and other databases
- Analyze Aerospike data via Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- Query records with different schemas within the same set in Aerospike
- Accelerate queries by leveraging Aerospike’s massive parallelism
- The ability to leverage Presto Cost-Based Optimization via row count for query optimization
- Secure your deployment with TLS and LDAP support
- Deploy anywhere
For complete details, go to the Aerospike Connect for Presto documentation at www.aerospike.com/docs/connect/access/presto/index.html.