Ahana has announced general availability of Ahana Cloud for Presto, a cloud-native managed service focused on Presto on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Additionally, Ahana announced a go-to-market solution in collaboration with Intel via its participation in the Intel Disruptor Program to offer an Open Data Lake Analytics Accelerator Package for Ahana Cloud users that leverages Intel Optane on the cloud with AWS.
Ahana Cloud for Presto is a cloud-native managed service for Presto and is deployed within the user’s AWS account, giving customers complete control and visibility of clusters and their data. In addition to the platform’s use of Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Services (Amazon EKS) and a pay-as-you-go pricing model in AWS Marketplace, the new release includes enhanced manageability, security and integrations via AWS Marketplace.
“With Ahana Cloud being generally available, the power of Presto is now accessible to any data team of any size and skill level. By abstracting away the complexities of deployment, configuration and management, platform teams can now deploy ‘self-service’ Presto for open data lake analytics as well as analytics on a range of other data sources,” said Dipti Borkar, co-founder and chief product officer, Ahana. “Users are looking for analytics without being locked-in to proprietary data warehouses. This offering brings a SaaS open source analytics option to users with Presto at its core, using open formats and open interfaces.”
Ahana Cloud for Presto includes:
- Easy-to-use Ahana SaaS Console for creation, deployment and management of multiple Presto clusters within a user’s AWS account bringing the compute to user’s data
- Support for Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Relational Database (Amazon RDS) for MySQL, Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL and Amazon Elasticsearch
- Click-button integration for user-managed Hive Metastores and Amazon Glue
- Built-in hosted Hive Metastore that manages metadata for data stored in Amazon S3 data lakes
- Pre-integrated and directly queryable Presto query log and integrations with Amazon CloudWatch
- Cloud-native, highly scalable and available containerized environment deployed on Amazon EKS
Ahana also announced its participation in the Intel Disruptor Program to drive the adoption of Open Data Lake Analytics. Together, Ahana and Intel will offer an Open Data Lake Analytics Accelerator Package, available for Ahana Cloud users that leverage Intel Optane on AWS. It includes special incentives and PAYGO pricing. An Open Data Lake Analytics approach is a technology stack that includes open source, open formats, open interfaces, and open cloud, a preferred approach for companies that want to avoid proprietary formats and technology lock-in that come with traditional data warehouses. The offering is aimed at improving joint customers’ experience of running Presto in the cloud to help power the next generation of analytics use cases.
More information is available from Ahana at https://ahana.io.