Altova is launching a new product that will help enterprises acclimate to GDPR. The GDPR, or General Data Protection Regulation, which went into effect May 25, 2018, is a set of privacy and data protection rules that apply to organizations that process personal data of people residing in the European Union.
The Altova GDPR Compliance Database is a solution for maintaining an ongoing record of personal data stores to ensure an organization's processing of personal data is handled in line with the principles of the GDPR.
Unique benefits offered by the Altova GDPR Compliance Database include built-in discussion and approval mechanisms, as well as detailed change-tracking that helps users understand the reason for, and the impact of, every update.
Advantages of the Altova GDPR Compliance Database include:
- Centralized, organized documentation of all required information about data applications and the data categories, as required by GDPR
- An organization's data stays in house because the solution is installed within its IT infrastructure
- A secure, web-based interface makes it easy for permitted users to access and understand
- Support for multiple users collaborating in the solution simultaneously
- Built-in approvals process and discussion mechanism ensures accuracy of entered information and provides long-term documentation
- Change tracking provides a record of updates over time to facilitate long-term maintenance of your documentation
- Auto-generation of reports on data categories and other views in PDF or Word
To comply with the regulations, companies need to ensure that appropriate technical and organizational measures are in place to protect personal data, and they must document all storage and processing activities.
They also must have the ability to produce reports on such measures when they are requested. This presents a significant challenge to organizations that have multiple departments handling personal data, outside contractors with access to data, various stake holders, and no existing tools for documenting the access and processes.
For more information about this solution, visit www.altova.com.