When it comes to data strategy, sometimes it’s an all or nothing sum game. Things continue to ramp up in the big data space and supporting that data is more important than ever before. It's time to change the approach to data governance.
DBTA recently held a webinar featuring Paul Brunet, VP of Product Marketing at Collibra, who explained why the best approach to data governance is always a balanced one.
Digital disruptions are happening faster than ever, Brunet explained, and it’s all about finding the data management sweet spot – a balance of offense/defense and control/freedom.
To close the gap there is no single solution, it must be a combination of strategic approaches that include self service analytics and BI, a data lake and data warehouse, and regulatory reporting compliance.
New capabilities are needed to drive engagement, Brunet said. The best way to devise the perfect strategy includes:
- Digital disruption is an enterprise challenge … Data engagement is the answer
- Requires balance of offense and defense … Across Find, Understand and Trust
- Your journey will vary … New skills and capabilities required
Collibra can help enterprises work on closing the gap, according to Brunet.
Collibra allows data consumers to:
- Easily find the right data
- Quickly understand what the data means
- Explicitly trust the data because its entire context is known
- Advance data privacy in a changing regulatory environment
An archived on-demand replay of this webinar is available here.