CAST, the software intelligence leader, is upgrading CAST Imaging, a software imaging system, adding a suite of “Advisors” to provide personalized recommendations to help companies accelerate and de-risk application modernization and cloud migration.
According to the company, these Advisors serve as guiding beacons for software architects and developers as they embark on significant transformations within their applications.
By automatically generating personalized recommendations and actionable steps, these Advisors simplify the process of refactoring mainframe applications for AWS, re-platforming Oracle databases to Oracle Cloud, or migrating SQL Server and DB2 instances to PostgreSQL.
“CAST Imaging automatically ‘understands’ how software works, visually mapping the tens of thousands of code elements and all their relationships into a living knowledge base of the software internals, helping architects and developers quickly find what they need,” said CAST Imaging vice president Luc Perard.
The latest release also enhances the CAST Imaging Explain with AI capability, which provides users with plain English descriptions of what any code or data element does within the overall system context; it now allows choice of AI services between OpenAI or Azure OpenAI.
CAST Imaging supports organizations of all sizes and industries, helping them manage the complexity of their custom-built software.
Serving as a reservoir of technical knowledge about an application's inner workings, CAST Imaging enhances the efficiency of development teams and accelerates application modernization.
CAST Imaging new and improved features include:
- Advisors for modernization and migration - Actively guides users as they plan and execute major changes to their applications.
- How can I help you? - Helps users find valuable information rapidly and easily. Displays the application’s insights valuable to their activity.
- Multi-tab navigation - Allows users to easily switch between several application views as they browse through the application’s knowledge base.
- Improved Fast Scan - Provides more actionable outputs, laid-out in an easier-to-read format.
- Azure OpenAI - ‘Explain with ChatGPT’ can now be configured to operate via either ChatGPT by OpenAI or Azure OpenAI.
For more information about this news, visit www.castsoftware.com.