CTERA, a provider of edge-to-cloud file services, is launching CTERA Ransom Protect, a new homegrown AI-powered cyber protection engine natively integrated into the CTERA global file system.
“Counting on endpoint protection to prevent ransomware is a futile hope, as it takes a single compromised device to bring down an entire datacenter,” said Oded Nagel, CEO of CTERA. “To provide real protection, organizations need to concentrate their defense around their file storage and backup systems, which are the primary target of any attacker. By integrating this capability into our file system, we are providing integrated cyber resilient storage without relying on any third-party products and without impacting performance.”
Using activity sensors built into the file system that are feeding an advanced machine learning algorithm trained on an extensive dataset of attack flows, CTERA Ransom Protect is able to detect and block attacks within seconds and provides tools for immediate mitigation and instant recovery.
Key Features of CTERA Ransom Protect include:
- Real-time AI Detection: advanced machine learning algorithms identify behavioral anomalies suggesting fraudulent file activity, and block offending users within seconds.
- Zero-Day Protection: does not rely on traditional signature update services.
- Incident Management: administrator dashboard enabling real-time attack monitoring, comprehensive incident evidence logging and post-attack forensics.
- Instant Recovery: near-instant recovery of any affected files from snapshots are securely stored in an air-gapped, immutable cloud object storage effectively thwarting any manipulation attempts by malicious actors.
- One-Click Deployment: single-click feature activation on CTERA Edge Filers with latest version release.
CTERA Ransom Protect will be available for all CTERA Edge Filer customers in July.
For more information about this news, visit www.ctera.com.