CTERA, provider of edge-to-cloud file services, is releasing version 7.5 of the CTERA Enterprise File Services Platform which includes CTERA’s patented Cloud Storage Routing technology as well as numerous enhancements in data management, deduplication, and security.
This release further expands CTERA’s mission to evolve enterprise storage from an IOPS-centric approach to the new world of multi-cloud DataOps, according to the company.
CTERA Cloud Storage Routing allows organizations to efficiently utilize multiple cloud storage providers and on-premises object storage systems with policy-based control over data placement.
Organizations can route data to be stored in different destinations globally with a fine granularity based on tenant, user, or individual directory.
With CTERA Cloud Storage Routing, organizations can maintain data sovereignty and GDPR compliance, while providing low-latency access to data and minimizing cloud egress fees.
Cloud Routing is built on the foundation of CTERA Direct, a high-performance, low-latency, direct-to-cloud data transport protocol that was designed to overcome data transfer challenges across different cloud environments and high-latency links, while adhering to a zero-trust philosophy.
CTERA 7.5 also includes major features such as:
- Cache deduplication: Edge Filer-level deduplication of cached data, increasing storage efficiency by up to 80%. Significantly reduces cost and hardware footprint at the edge, while increasing the amount of data that can be cached and improving performance.
- Enterprise key management: Delegated storage of cryptographic keys using the Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP), including certified support for Thales CipherTrust.
- Permanent delete: Unrecoverable file erasure option, meeting strict compliance regulations regarding removal of classified information, and allowing adherence to GDPR right to erasure.
- New storage providers: Support was added for Cohesity SmartFiles, Quantum ActiveScale, and Hitachi Content Platform version 9.4.
- Usability: A new Edge Filer user interface providing a modern and easy-to-use user experience.
- Local quota: Enforcement of folder level quotas on Edge Filers.
- Mac OS experience: A new version of the CTERA MacAssist, providing a consistent user experience to Mac users, with support for the JAMF platform for zero-touch deployment.
"We’ve continued to enhance our Enterprise File Services Platform based on customer feedback and evolving industry need,” said Oded Nagel, chief strategy officer, CTERA. “CTERA 7.5 brings with it more of everything our award-winning solution has always been known for–the fastest file synchronization, deduplication, and virus protection at the edge, while remaining laser-focused on enabling cloud adoption for enterprises without having them sacrifice their privacy or security over their data. We’re pleased to bring CTERA 7.5 to market.”
For more information about this news, visit www.ctera.com.