CTERA, a provider of secure edge-to-cloud file services, announced a strategic sourcing agreement with Hitachi Vantara allowing CTERA offerings to be sold under the Hitachi brand, further advancing secure, multi-cloud unstructured data services, and seamless data management from edge-to-core-to-cloud.
The collaborative product will be marketed globally as Hitachi Content Platform Anywhere Enterprise (HCP Anywhere Enterprise) and will provide a fully integrated migration path for customers using legacy HCP Gateway, Hitachi Data Ingestor, or other discrete network-attached storage (NAS) systems.
“We are excited to collaborate with CTERA to continue to build out our multi-cloud data services,” said Dan McConnell, senior vice president product management and enablement at Hitachi Vantara. “This collaboration empowers our customers with unparalleled control, security, and scalability in managing their distributed data across multi-cloud environments. Together, we are delivering a powerful solution that will propel businesses towards unprecedented levels of efficiency, agility, and data-driven success."
HCP Anywhere Enterprise will include the following features:
- Wide Use Case Coverage: Catering to a broad spectrum of needs, from primary and secondary edge-to-core-to-cloud file services to machine-generated data workflows.
- NAS Modernization: Offering high-performance network-attached storage capabilities for SMB and NFS.
- Archive: Providing secure, long-term storage for infrequently accessed data.
- Comprehensive Enterprise File Sync and Share Capabilities: Ensuring seamless collaboration within the organization and with external parties.
- Cyber-Resilient Storage: Including AI-based ransomware detection, malicious user blocking and rapid rollback.
- Immutable Storage (WORM): Guaranteeing data cannot be modified or deleted once written, adding an extra layer of security and compliance.
- Scalability: Facilitating horizontal scaling to petabytes of data with central multi-tenant administration and an object-storage backend.
- Enhanced Security: Offering defense-grade protection and 100% behind-firewall deployment, meeting the needs of security-conscious customers.
- Integration with Hitachi Lumada Data Catalog: Empowering modern, data-driven enterprises to meet regulatory compliance requirements by cataloguing, categorizing, and setting data management policy for distributed edge data.
“In working with Hitachi Vantara, we are delivering best-in-class file services and comprehensive data management solutions," said Oded Nagel, CEO of CTERA. "We are delighted to forge this partnership enabling businesses to seamlessly manage their data across the entire lifecycle, from edge-to-cloud, with enhanced security and scalability."
For more information about this partnership, visit www.ctera.com or www.hitachivantara.com.