Process orchestration company Camunda is releasing Camunda Platform 8.2, offering several integration and user experience updates that enrich the entire process development lifecycle.
These new features make it possible to accelerate end-to-end process orchestration and drive new digital initiatives, according to the company.
“Competitive pressures are leading many organizations to prioritize automation projects that can quickly show results. To stay ahead, business and IT teams need to take an agile approach to delivering automation solutions faster,” said Daniel Meyer, Camunda CTO. “That requires companies to adopt the proper tooling to accelerate and maximize their efforts, including ways for fusion teams to work together designing and implementing automation projects to create better end-user and customer experiences and streamline operations.”
Camunda Platform 8.2 addresses the process development lifecycle in several key areas:
- Support for Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform for deploying Camunda Platform 8 Self-Managed.
- Development clusters in Camunda Platform 8 SaaS that support running unlimited processes and decisions outside of a production environment.
- Tailored views in Camunda Web Modeler, allowing users to toggle between a streamlined design mode for business-IT collaboration and a feature-rich implementation mode for developers.
- New out-of-the-box inbound Connectors for Github.com and HTTP Webhooks, allowing external systems to trigger a BPMN process inside Camunda.
- A suite of outbound Connectors for Automation Anywhere, Microsoft Power Automate Desktop Flow, and UiPath to better orchestrate processes that use RPA.
- A testing feature to validate BPMN models in a sandbox environment and deliver proofs-of-concept to business stakeholders faster.
- New auto-generated process optimization dashboards that business users can customize and improve with rich content tiles for greater context and insight.
New features in Camunda Platform 8.2 extend pro-code capabilities so developers and business technologists can develop automations faster.
New inbound and outbound Connectors speed up integrating processes with technologies such as UiPath or Apache Kafka. Drag-and-drop components simplify building production-ready user task forms for processes that require humans in the loop. These shortcuts help maximize automation efforts, accelerate solution development, and streamline operations, according to the company.
The new Play mode provides a powerful way for process development teams using Camunda Web Modeler to test their processes in a sandbox environment as many times as needed, with no risk to production systems.
Play mode will first be available to trial users, Professional Edition, and Self-Managed Enterprise Edition customers for non-production use.
For more information about this news, visit www.camunda.com.