Cloudera, the enterprise data cloud company, is releasing the Cloudera Data Platform (CDP), delivering self-service analytics across hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
CDP is an integrated data platform that is easy to deploy, manage, and use, according to the vendor. CDP is a new approach to enterprise data that delivers a full range of analytic capabilities from the Edge to AI.
The Cloudera Data Platform provides enterprise IT with the ability to deliver analytics as a service to the business in any cloud environment while providing rich data security and lineage capabilities that minimize risk.
CDP offers services in four ways including:
- Any cloud – CDP provides maximum choice and flexibility with the option to manage, analyze, and experiment with data on-premises, in hybrid, private cloud, and multiple public cloud environments.
- Multi-function – CDP reduces the time and effort to deploy common application types with five new self-service experiences: flow & streaming, data engineering, data warehouse, operational database, and machine learning.
- Secure and Governed – CDP simplifies security, privacy, and compliance for diverse enterprise data on any cloud through shared data experience (SDX) technologies. SDX makes it easy to create a secure data lake in hours instead of weeks and replaces tedious scripting with “set it and forget it” convenience.
- 4. Open – CDP is 100% open source, open compute, open storage and open for integration - enabling rapid innovation and protecting organizations from vendor lock-in.
“With Cloudera Data Platform, IT can embrace hybrid data architectures and set up cloud data lakes with enterprise-grade security and governance in hours instead of days or weeks,” said Arun C. Murthy, chief roduct officer at Cloudera. “Business users get cloud-native, easy-to-use multi-function analytics satisfying their need for speed and agility."With Cloudera Data Platform, enterprises can easily manage data anywhere, from on-premises to public and hybrid clouds, with common security, governance, and metadata. New cloud-based services provide unprecedented self-service access to data and analytic functions for business analysts, data scientists, IT and developers that are secure by design.
As part of the launch, Cloudera is unveiling three new cloud services:
For more information about this release, visit www.cloudera.com.
- Cloudera Data Warehouse - A cloud-native service that makes it fast and easy to deploy data warehouses for teams of business analysts with secure, self-service access to enterprise data.
- Cloudera Machine Learning - A cloud-native service that makes it fast and easy to deploy collaborative machine learning workspaces for teams of data scientists with secure, self-service access to enterprise data.
- Cloudera Data Hub - A cloud-native data management and analytics service that makes it fast and easy for IT and developers to build custom business applications that support a diverse set of use cases with secure, self-service access to enterprise data.