Cloudian is integrating its HyperStore object storage with the WEKA Data Platform for AI, providing high-performance, exabyte-scalable private cloud storage for processing iterative analytical workloads.
The combined solution unifies and simplifies the data pipeline for performance-intensive workloads and accelerated DataOps, all easily managed under a single namespace. In addition, the new solution reduces the storage TCO associated with data analytics by a third, compared to traditional storage systems, according to the vendor.
Together, Cloudian and WEKA enable organizations to overcome the challenges of accelerating and scaling their data pipelines while lowering data analytics storage costs.
WEKA’s data platform, built on WekaFS, addresses the storage challenges posed by today’s enterprise AI workloads and other high-performance applications running on-premises, in the cloud or bursting between platforms.
The joint solution offers the simplicity of NAS, the performance of SAN or DAS and the scale of object storage, along with accelerating every stage of the data pipeline from data ingestion to cleansing to modeled results.
Integrated through WEKA’s tiering function, Cloudian’s enterprise-grade, software-defined object storage provides the following key benefits:
- High Performance – Run concurrent workloads while eliminating compute cluster bottlenecks and reducing processing times.
- Exabyte Scalability – Grow deployments on demand, from terabytes to an exabyte without disruption, achieving the flexibility and elasticity of the public cloud within a private data center or hybrid cloud model.
- Enterprise-grade Security – Protect data with encryption in flight and at rest, integrated firewall, RBAC/IAM and SAML access controls, and certification with the most rigorous regulatory requirements, such as Common Criteria, FIPS and SEC Rule 17a-4(f).
- Resiliency – Achieve high data durability with the option to protect and distribute data using replication or erasure coding, thereby eliminating the need for a separate data backup process.
- Multi-tenancy – Provision multiple users on shared infrastructure without compromising security.
- Cost-effective – Save on storage costs, as the solution runs on standard x86 hardware with local NVMe SSDs.
“When it comes to supporting advanced analytics applications, users shouldn’t have to make tradeoffs between storage performance and capacity,” said Jon Toor, chief marketing officer, Cloudian. “By eliminating any need to compromise, the integration of our HyperStore software with the WEKA Data Platform gives customers a storage foundation that enables them to fully leverage these applications so they can gain new insights from their data and drive greater business and operational success.”
For more information, visit https://cloudian.com/.