Cloudian will provide support for container-based applications via a new Cloudian Kubernetes S3 Operator, offering a self-service tool for developers to provision Cloudian HyperStore S3-compatible object storage.
IT managers can now modernize their storage infrastructure with a Kubernetes-enabled private cloud solution that employs the industry-standard S3 API to maximize application portability.
By combining self-serve, multi-tenant storage agility with enterprise-grade scalability, durability and security, Cloudian meets the needs of both DevOps and production workloads while delivering TCO saving.
The support extends Cloudian’s assistance for cloud-native environments, where it already serves as a scale-out backup target for open source Kubernetes applications and data through software tools such as VMware Velero and MayaData Kubera.
“Containers enable enterprises to develop new services more quickly, but traditional storage wasn’t designed for these modern workloads,” said Sanjay Jagad, senior director of products and solutions at Cloudian. “So while other storage providers are pushing complex, management-heavy products based on legacy platforms, Cloudian delivers simplicity itself: the industry’s most compatible S3 API and a lightweight Kubernetes operator. Developers gain self-serve agility and application portability, while operations teams benefit from Cloudian’s exabyte scalability, hybrid cloud management and exceptional value.”
Deployed with Cloudian’s award-winning HyperStore object storage platform, the Kubernetes S3 Operator provides an API-driven management environment to quickly provision S3-compatible object storage.
Other key features and benefits of this solution include:
- Simple and direct – Storage is provisioned and accessed directly by applications, with no gateways or translation layers.
- Enterprise-grade security – Features include encryption, IAM, SAML, WORM, RBAC and certification with the most rigorous regulatory requirements, such as Common Criteria, FIPS and SEC Rule 17a-4(f).
- Exabyte scalability – Starting from just three nodes and scaling up to an exabyte without interruption.
- Multi-site and multi-cloud support – Scale across multiple sites with single-namespace simplicity or extend into the public cloud using out-of-the-box integration with AWS, GCP and Azure that maintains data in its native format.
- Cost-effectiveness – Savings of more than 60% over traditional SAN and NAS systems and public cloud offerings.
With Cloudian, customers can also use a shared storage environment for both traditional and cloud-native applications.
For more information about this news, visit www.cloudian.com.