Cloudian is releasing its HyperStore Xtreme object storage solution, powered by Seagate, this new platform offers storage density, scalability, and economics for private cloud infrastructures.
HyperStore Xtreme combines Cloudian’s fully S3-compatible object storage software with Seagate’s newest high-density storage systems to deliver limitless scalability, real-time data access and industry-leading economics for large-scale private cloud buildouts.
Features and benefits include:
- Over 1.5 PB in a 4U height enclosure, providing up to 18 PB of storage in a single data center rack, thereby saving scarce data center space.
- Cost under ½ cent per GB/month, a savings of up to 70% vs. Storage-as-a-Service.
- Increased cost-efficiency as the solution scales, in contrast to traditional storage systems that become costlier per unit of storage as capacity grows.
- The ability to scale to an exabyte of capacity without interruption and span multiple locations while presenting all storage as a single pool.
- The industry’s most compatible S3 object storage, proven interoperable with the rapidly expanding ecosystem of S3-based applications and cloud solutions.
- Faster access to new technology innovations—at least six months faster than previously possible—and the ongoing cost savings that this provides.
“Through our partnership with Seagate, we’re giving enterprises the technological capabilities and benefits that have previously only been available to a handful of hyperscale storage users,” said Jon Toor, chief marketing officer at Cloudian. “In one of our first deployments of HyperStore Xtreme, a leading financial services company has adopted the solution as the foundation for a multi-use case private cloud, starting with archiving 10 petabytes of Splunk data.”
For more information about this news, visit www.cloudian.com.