Cloudian is releasing a new solution based on its HyperStore object storage and the new Veeam Availability Suite v10 that provides ransomware protection.
The Cloudian-Veeam solution supports S3 Object Lock, enabling customers to make backup data copies immutable and, therefore, invulnerable to hacker encryption or deletion.
This data immutability—validated in U.S. government certification testing—ensures availability of an uninfected copy for reliable recovery in the event of a ransomware attack.
Because both Cloudian and Veeam now support S3 Object Lock, the new integrated solution enables customers to protect backup copies from ransomware encryption and restore a clean backup in the event of an attack.
In addition, the solution provides comprehensive data protection benefits, including:
- Advanced security features such as secure shell, integrated firewall, RBAC/IAM access controls, AES-256 server-side encryption for data at rest and SSL for data in transit, as well as HyperStore’s certification with U.S. Department of Defense and SEC Rule 17a-4(f) security requirements.
- Fast restores—much faster than public cloud services—because backup copies are stored on-premises, on a disk-based object storage target.
- Modular and limitless scalability, allowing enterprises to start small and expand without disruption.
- Geo-distribution for easily managing storage across multiple data centers and hybrid cloud environments, all from a single pane of glass.
- Public cloud replication for disaster recovery.
- Cost savings of up to 70% over traditional disk- and tape-based offerings.
The Cloudian-Veeam solution can also serve as a platform for ransomware protection-as-a-service and, in the case of VMware Cloud Providers, can deliver single-point management via VMware vCloud Director.
“This new Cloudian-Veeam solution reflects our continued collaboration in helping customers protect their digital assets in the face of evolving threats,” said Danny Allan, chief technology officer and senior vice president, product strategy at Veeam. “Preventing a ransomware attack has become increasingly difficult, so we’re focused on ensuring users can quickly and easily recover from such an attack—that’s the peace of mind that we’re delivering with on-premises S3 Object Lock in the NEW Veeam Availability Suite v10.”
For more information about this release, visit https://cloudian.com/.