Cloudian will offer fully native S3-compatible object storage software for VMware Cloud Foundation with VMware Tanzu.
Through the new VMware vSAN Data Persistence platform, Cloudian will enable users to modernize their data centers to run any applications at any scale.
In doing so, VMware customers will be able to capitalize on Cloudian’s enterprise-ready exabyte scalability, military-grade security, and multi-tenancy.
Cloudian object storage is already available to VMware Cloud Providers through the VMware Cloud Provider Partner (VCPP) program, and will seamlessly extend the benefits of Cloudian storage to VMware enterprise users.
The new Cloudian solution will help maximize the benefits of modern stateful services on VMware Cloud Foundation with Tanzu.
Key features will include:
• Enterprise-grade object storage on the vSAN Data Persistence platform: Leverage vSAN Direct Configuration™ for object storage to improve storage efficiency.
• Automated deployment and scaling through Kubernetes: Easily install, deploy and scale HyperStore on VMware vSphere® clusters straight from the VMware vCenter® UI dynamically and in a self-service manner through Kubernetes APIs.
• vSphere-integrated capacity and health monitoring: Seamlessly manage a HyperStore cluster across data centers, edge environments and clouds without leaving vSphere.
• Service-aware infrastructure operations: Minimize the disruptions and impact of infrastructure operations such as planned maintenance and lifecycle management.
• CAPEX savings: Leverage Cloudian data policies (replication or erasure coding) with vSAN Direct Configuration to lower costs and improve storage efficiency.
• OPEX savings: Consolidate both traditional workloads and modern, cloud-native workloads on the same platform, eliminating infrastructure silos and capitalizing on common skills and training.
“Our partnership with Cloudian is an important component of our modern applications strategy,” said Lee Caswell, vice president of marketing, CPBU at VMware. “Our mutual customers are pleased to see that the VMware Cloud Foundation will support scalable, S3 API-compatible, multi-tenant storage from Cloudian HyperStore for more secure deployment of modern stateful services across the hybrid cloud.”
For more information about this news, visit https://cloudian.com/.