Cohesity, a provider of hyperconverged secondary storage, is joining Cisco’s SolutionsPlus program, giving Cisco’s direct and channel sales network the ability to offer Cohesity’s modern backup and recovery capabilities.
The Cisco SolutionsPlus agreement includes joint sales, marketing, service and support investments, and alignment of product roadmaps.
This growing demand for a joint solution from Cohesity and Cisco comes as customers globally struggle with mass data fragmentation — the growing proliferation of data across locations, silos, and management systems that drives up IT costs and complexity, and prevents organizations from fully realizing their data’s value
“Cisco is a world-class leader in compute, storage, networking, and security, and has established itself as a strategic business partner for enterprises of all sizes,” said Terry Ramos, vice president, alliances, Cohesity. “In Cisco, we have a partner that shares our vision of eliminating mass data fragmentation. Our integrated architecture, with Cisco HyperFlex and Cisco UCS, brings together innovative platforms that consolidate data silos and derive more insights from data.”
With the launch of a new Cisco Validated Design (CVD), customers can protect primary data from Cisco HyperFlex clusters and do more with secondary data on a Cisco UCS-based Cohesity platform — all as one unified architecture. As a result, customers can reduce costs, complexity, and security risks, accelerate compliance, and derive more value from their data.
The Cohesity-Cisco offer allows the following benefits to customers and partners:
- For customers
- One stop shop: Purchase a complete Cohesity and Cisco solution via a single Cisco purchase order.
- Validated: Be assured that the Cohesity-Cisco solution has been validated, and will deliver stringent service-level objectives and optimal business results.
- Global sourcing: Tap into Cisco and its network of partners for domestic procurement across the globe.
- For partners
- Streamlined quoting and delivery process: Deliver a pre-validated Cohesity solution as easily and simply as any Cisco product.
- Expanded market opportunity: Access to new buying centers in the growing, $60 billion secondary data and apps market.
The joint solutions will be available for all customers worldwide on March 15, 2019.
For more information about this release, visit www.cohesity.com.