Collibra is introducing a wave of new innovations designed to make data intelligence easy and accessible to more data users, including new capabilities for Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud that enhance search, collaboration, business process automation, and analytics as well as brand new products that support customers with data access governance and data quality and observability in the cloud.
Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud brings together an enterprise-grade data catalog, data lineage, flexible governance, continuous quality, and built-in data privacy.
“At Collibra we are building products and capabilities with an eye to making data intelligence easier for our customers—easier to get started, easier to use and manage, and easier to securely and cost-effectively scale to support even across the most demanding use cases,” said Laura Sellers, chief product officer for Collibra. “We are incredibly excited about these new innovations because they make trusted data accessible to more users, across more use cases, and more data sources on a truly enterprise-grade, complete data intelligence platform.”
The introduction of a new data marketplace, usage insights, and rich tailored experiences ensures all users, even those who don’t have a background in data, can easily find, understand, trust, and access data to deliver better business outcomes, according to the company.
Advanced process automation capabilities further allow data teams to easily create and use workflows to enhance productivity and streamline processes. New features include:
- Data Marketplace: The new Collibra Data Marketplace makes it easier and faster than ever for teams to surface curated and approved data, so they can confidently and reliably make better decisions. Taking full advantage of the power of the Collibra metadata graph, Collibra Data Marketplace makes finding, understanding and collaborating with data within Collibra Data Catalog as simple as conducting a quick Google search.
- Usage Analytics: The new Usage Analytics dashboard provides organizations with real-time actionable insights on which communities, domains and assets are most widely used across users over a period of time, so teams can proactively monitor adoption and take the necessary actions to help maximize their data intelligence investments.
- New Homepage: The new Collibra homepage provides a simplified and tailored experience complete with insights, links, widgets and recommendations on datasets based on a user’s browsing history or what is popular so they can quickly find what they are looking for every time they log into Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud.
- Workflow Designer (Beta): The new Workflow Designer, now in beta, makes it easier for teams to work together to create and use new workflows to automate business processes. Accessible from within Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud, Workflow Designer now also opens to a new App Model view which enables users to easily define, verify and deploy a bundle of processes or forms to streamline tasks.
As the volume, variety and velocity of data increases, organizations are continuing to move their data to the cloud to minimize costs and reap the benefits of better performance, scale and security. To help accelerate this journey, Collibra is introducing several new offerings in the cloud as well as multiple new integrations such as:
- Collibra Protect: Collibra Protect provides intelligent data controls so organizations can easily discover, define and protect data across cloud platforms. This new integration will be made available through Collibra's partnership with Snowflake, the Data Cloud company, and enable data stewards to create and execute data protection policies in minutes without the need for any code. The offering provides increased visibility into the use of protected and sensitive data, and when combined with data classification, it ensures organizations can easily protect data and maintain compliance at scale.
- Data Quality and Observability in the Cloud: The new release of Collibra Data Quality and Observability brings scalability, agility and security to data quality operations across multiple clouds. Organizations can deploy Collibra Data Quality & Observability in the cloud of their choice to reduce IT overhead, enjoy real-time updates and flexibly scale up or down to meet their changing business needs.
- Data Quality Pushdown for Snowflake (Beta): Data Quality Pushdown for Snowflake gives organizations the ability to process data quality operations in Snowflake. The new offering enables organizations to reap the benefits of managing data quality in the cloud without having to worry about egress charges and dependencies on Spark compute.
- New Integrations (Beta): Collibra is proud to partner with the world’s leading technology organizations to deliver trusted data across more sources to all users. With new integrations now in beta, joint Collibra customers across Snowflake, Azure Data Factory and Google Cloud Storage can get complete visibility into cloud data assets from source to destination and deliver trusted data to all users across the organization.
For more information about these features, visit www.collibra.com.