Crate.io, developer of CrateDB, is upgrading its signature platform with key updates that make it easier, faster, and more cost-effective for IoT- and IIoT-fueled organizations to put their machine and sensor data to work.
Benefits of CrateDB 4.0 include:
- Easier to work with time-series data via improvements to the options for specifying a frame for window functions.
- Better clustering and node discovery by moving to Zen 2 to stay in sync with Elasticsearch.
- More PosgreSQL interoperability with synced data types names, synced timestamp formatting, the addition of the pg_catalog schema with its associated tables, and new functions that some tools require when connecting.
- Improved ANSI SQL compliance through new support for the default clause in the CRATE TABLE statement, among other changes.
- Stricter access controls with the introduction of a dedicated privilege type for administrative tasks; masking of sensitive information has also been added to further bolster security when handling Azure and AWS credentials.
- Enhanced resiliency by exposing _seq_no and _primary_term, which can be used for optimistic concurrency control.
CrateDB is a distributed SQL database based on a NoSQL architecture that takes advantage of the convenience of SQL for processing any structured or unstructured data type.
Dynamic schemas make it extremely easy to add new data types or indexes, and the architecture allows horizontal scaling by interconnecting servers to capture millions of IoT and IIoT data inputs per second (totaling hundreds of terabytes in cluster size).
Distributed processing, data partitioning, and in-memory indexes return millisecond responses to time-series requests – even when many clients are working in the database simultaneously.
“CrateDB 4.0 is an important release for our userbase,” said Johannes Moser, head of product at Crate.io. “Fast access to secure data – massive, massive volumes of data – is so crucial to IoT and IIoT applications, and we’re proud to continue to find new ways to improve our core database to meet customer requirements.”
For more information about these updates, visit : https://crate.io.