Ermetic, the cloud infrastructure security company, is offering automated capabilities that enable customers to discover and fix misconfigurations, compliance violations, and risky or excessive privileges in Kubernetes clusters through its Cloud Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP).
According to the company, Ermetic combines signals from the platform’s cloud workload protection (CWP), infrastructure as code (IaC) scanning, cloud security posture management (CSPM), and cloud infrastructure entitlement management (CIEM) functionality to provide full context visibility into threats.
The Ermetic CNAPP provides a detailed inventory of the resources inside all Kubernetes clusters, performs continuous posture assessment and prioritization of risks, and offers guided how-tos and workflow integrations to accelerate remediation.
“Existing approaches to Kubernetes security typically provide a siloed view, which results in high false positive rates,” said Sivan Krigsman, chief product officer for Ermetic. “By combining Kubernetes security posture management with our full stack cloud native application protection capabilities we provide unprecedented visibility and context, for accurate risk prioritization and remediation.”
To provide full and accurate visibility into Kubernetes resources, Ermetic queries the Kubernetes API for each cluster, and uses agentless scanning and analysis of node configurations and containers.
These findings, when coupled with intelligence from Ermetic’s CWP, IaC scans, CSPM and CIEM capabilities, enables customers to:
- Get a detailed inventory of Kubernetes resources within clusters
- Detect misconfigurations and vulnerabilities, and access detailed, step-by-step remediation instructions
- Prioritize workload vulnerabilities within the context of cloud configuration, permissions, network access, and more
- Enforce least privilege for users and services using the internal Kubernetes role based access control (RBAC) mechanism
- Assess and enforce compliance standards for Kubernetes clusters such as CIS benchmarks
For more information about these enhancements, visit https://ermetic.com.