IBM and HCL Technologies announced a definitive agreement under which HCL will acquire select IBM software products for $1.8 billion. The transaction is expected to close by mid-2019, subject to completion of applicable regulatory reviews.
The software products in scope represent a total addressable market of more than $50 billion and include:
* Appscan for secure application development,
* BigFix for secure device management,
* Unica (on-premises) for marketing automation,
* Commerce (on-premise) for omni-channel e-commerce,
* Portal (on-premises) for digital experience,
* Notes & Domino for email and low-code rapid application development, and
* Connections for workstream collaboration.
For more information, go to www.ibm.com.