To help HP Vertica users and technology partners create and sell big data analytics solutions built for the HP Vertica Analytics Platform, HP has launched the HP Vertica Marketplace.
The online destination is designed to support the creation and marketing of solutions and add-ons to the Vertica Analytics Platform including connectors and third-party extensions, business intelligence tools, ETL and data transformation products, connectors and tools for HP HAVEn Big Data analytics platform, as well as industry and other OEM solutions.
In addition, the HP Vertica Marketplace includes the latest solutions from HP Vertica’s innovations incubation program, allowing users to create cutting-edge big data applications. Open to the community for the past two months in ‘preview mode,’ it is now being officially launched, said Selland.
With the HP Vertica Marketplace, HP says that developers and companies will be able to:
- Gain value from structured, semistructured and unstructured data—through connectors and extensions that store, manage, and analyze Big Data. This includes integration with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and HP HAVEn Big Data analytics platform, including the HP Autonomy IDOL platform.
- Get business insights from Big Data with flexible plug-ins and extensions to integrate and visualize users’ data, including business intelligence (BI) and data visualization tools and products.
- Benefit from shared intelligence by engaging developers in both the HP Vertica Marketplace and Community via a social interface that allows users to pose questions, interact with subject matter experts and review previous discussions, as all questions are cataloged and searchable.
HP Vertica Incubation Program Offers Access to Latest HP Technologies and Solutions
HP Vertica Marketplace members will also have access to the latest offerings through the HP Vertica through its incubation program so they can evaluate and provide feedback, helping guide future development. These include:
- HP Vertica Distributed R, which helps data scientists overcome the scalability and performance limitations of R programming language and tackle problems not previously solvable by accelerating the analysis of large data sets by running R computations on multiple nodes.
- HP Vertica Pulse, which helps organizations leverage an in-database sentiment analysis tool that scores short data posts, including social data, such as Twitter feeds or product reviews, to gauge the most popular topics of interest, analyze how sentiment changes over time and identify advocates and detractors.
- HP Vertica Place, which stores and analyzes geospatial data in real time, including locations, networks, and regions. This analytics pack provides Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards-based functionality and integrates with third-party applications.
HP Vertica Community Marketplace is currently available at www.vertica.com/marketplace.