Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced its long-time partner, Red Hat, is joining the HPE GreenLake ecosystem, enabling the companies to work together to combine new service offerings with Red Hat’s open source technologies, such as Red Hat OpenShift, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, all deployed on the HPE GreenLake platform.
The combination of the HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform with Red Hat’s industry leading enterprise open source technologies will help address IT organizations’ need for agile technology solutions that can accelerate business outcomes and help fuel their digital transformations, according to the vendors.
Working together, HPE and Red Hat provide enterprise-ready, open source solutions that can reduce costs and complexity while enhancing stability and performance across multiple IT environments.
These efforts are designed to help mid-market, enterprise, and government organizations modernize their IT organizations, accelerate time to market, drive innovation, and create a sustainable competitive advantage.
“This extended partnership makes it easy for HPE GreenLake customers to consume and work with Red Hat’s highly regarded open source solutions. This enables our joint customers to focus on accelerating their business transformations, at a lower cost, while solving their most pressing challenges around performance, risk, and speed, without worries about integration, licenses, or product updates,” said Keith White, EVP and GM, HPE GreenLake cloud services commercial business, HPE. “We’re delivering the hybrid cloud ‘your way’ by partnering with trusted open source solutions from Red Hat.”
HPE GreenLake with Red Hat will offer a variety of benefits:
- More reliable performance – Platforms and solutions built for a range of workloads, with high availability and data protection to deliver more reliable infrastructure with bolstered security functionality, regardless of location.
- Reduced risk and complexity – HPE and Red Hat are committed to providing architectures essential to business goals, while remaining focused on long-term customer success.
- Lower cost of ownership – Affordable, scalable solutions optimized for each customer to help better control costs.
- Speed – Companies using these complete, open source IT stack solutions can move faster and more quickly adapt to market and industry changes to achieve faster time to market and gain competitive advantage through on-demand capabilities.
- Comprehensive support – HPE provides customers with world class services and support for physical, virtual, and multi-cloud environments.
- Trusted open source technology – Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source solutions.
“Red Hat and HPE are committed to enabling greater customer choice and flexibility, as many organizations look to accelerate digital transformation efforts and expand their hybrid cloud footprints,” said Stefanie Chiras, senior vice president, partner ecosystem success, Red Hat. “Red Hat’s open hybrid cloud portfolio offers a more consistent and scalable foundation for customers to optimize their cloud operations, from the datacenter to the edge. We are pleased to collaborate with HPE to integrate Red Hat technologies with HPE GreenLake platform, further supporting customer choice wherever needed.”
For more information about this news, visit www.hpe.com/us/en/greenlake.html.