Hitachi Vantara is releasing Pentaho 8.3, introducing a series of features designed to support DataOps initiatives.
This latest version delivers improved data agility from customers’ edge-to-multicloud environments while facilitating privacy, security, and overall data governance.
“DataOps is about having the right data, in the right place, at the right time and the new features in Pentaho 8.3 ensure just that,” said John Magee, vice president, portfolio marketing, Hitachi Vantara. “Not only do we want to ensure that data is stored at the lowest cost at the right service level, but that data is searchable, accessible, and properly governed so actionable insights can be generated and the full economic value of the data is captured.”
Pentaho 8.3 introduces several enhancements that help organizations modernize their data management practices – all of which support data operations initiatives and remove the friction between data and insight.
The new enhancements include:
Improved drag and drop data pipeline capabilities to access and blend data that's difficult to access
- With a new connector to SAP, the platform can perform drag and drop blending, enriching and offloading data from SAP ERP and Business Warehouse providing deeper insights into and greater analytic value from enterprise information.
- Amazon Kinesis provides real-time data capability in an AWS environment. With this new integration, Pentaho allows AWS developers to ingest and process streaming data in a powerful visual environment as opposed to writing code, and blend it with other data, reducing the manual effort.
Data visibility for improved governance
- Improved integration with Hitachi Content Platform (HCP)
- IBM Information Governance Catalog (IGC) Integration
- Streaming data lineage: We've made it easier to trace real-time data from popular protocols such as AMQP, JMS, Kafka and MQTT.
Expanded multicloud support
For more information about these updates, visit www.hitachivantara.com.
- AWS Redshift bulk load
- Snowflake connectivity