Instaclustr, delivering reliability at scale through fully managed open source data technologies, is releasing Instaclustr for Redis, enabling low latency in-memory caching, messaging, and stream processing.
Redis joins Apache Kafka, Apache Kafka Connect, Apache Cassandra, and Elasticsearch as another highly flexible open source data technology, expertly managed, and supported by Instaclustr.
Instaclustr now offers Redis as a fully managed service, as the data store often requires significant operational proficiency to be efficiently deployed and optimized at scale.
Instaclustr for Redis delivers a fully managed solution enabling customers to rapidly build in-memory, low latency solutions.
Backed by Instaclustr’s hands-on management, businesses can focus internal resources on more efficiently building and shipping their applications while Instaclustr handles the complexities of Redis cluster management, scaling, security, and deployment.
Redis joins the other data-layer technologies which Instaclustr delivers in their pure open source form, giving Instaclustr customers an advantageous and economical alternative to “open core” solutions that increase license costs and promote vendor lock-in.
“Redis is particularly powerful open source technology, the leading in-memory solution in the industry, and complementary to the data-layer solutions we’re delivering as managed services to our broad customer base,” said Ben Slater, Chief Product Officer, Instaclustr. “Adding Redis to our list of managed technologies is something our customers have been asking for as it’s often used alongside Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka or Elasticsearch and our customers wanted a Redis managed service meeting the same high standards we set with those technologies.”
Instaclustr for Redis delivers everything enterprises need to take full advantage of an in-memory database including:
- Automated provisioning and deployment: Instaclustr provides automated Redis provisioning through the Instaclustr Management Console, REST APIs, or the Instaclustr Terraform provider.
- Run in your provider account or ours: Instaclustr for Redis is supported on AWS, Azure, and GCP. Customers can run it in Instaclustr’s cloud provider account with a fixed infrastructure-inclusive cost, or use their own cloud provider account and pay a management fee per node.
- Availability SLAs: Instaclustr offers a 99.99% availability SLA when using an Instaclustr-managed Redis cluster.
- Monitoring and alerting: Customers can access key metrics through Instaclustr’s Management Console and REST APIs, and can also retrieve monitoring metrics in a format compatible with the Prometheus monitoring system. Alerting is in place to enable Instaclustr’s team to proactively identify any irregularities.
- Security: Instaclustr for Redis is SOC 2 certified, featuring a client-to-cluster secured connection via TLS, node-to-node encryption, firewall configuration, and other enterprise-level security features.
- 24x7 expert support: Instaclustr customers have 24x7 access to technical support, with extensive expertise managing large-scale distributed systems.
Redis facilitates extremely low latency in-memory applications across a broad set of use cases to drive revenue, engagement, and productivity, according to the vendor.
By offering a series of flexible and easy-to-use data structures, Redis enables highly responsive applications and caching that can be deployed at different positions inside a given architecture.
For more information about this news, visit www.instaclustr.com.