JetStream Software Inc., a provider of cloud software, launched a new cross-cloud data management platform to support workload migration, resource elasticity, and business continuity across multi-cloud and multi-data center infrastructures.
JetStream Cross-Cloud Platform provides “built for the cloud” data management capability in an all-software, hypervisor-integrated solution for multi-cloud, multi-data center operations. The platform is optimally suited to complement VMware cloud infrastructures including VMware Service Provider Partners (VSPPs) and VMware Cloud on AWS.
The platform includes capabilities such as:
- Enableing reliable data replication for disaster recovery (DR) and disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) with high performance and minimal impact on application performance.
- On-premises data centers gain cloud-scale elasticity with seamless workload migration to and from CSPs without interruption — all with enterprise-grade performance and availability.
- Cloud service providers benefit from consolidated data management, with thin provisioning for multi-tenant cloud services.
A key component of the JetStream Cross-Cloud Platform, JetStream Migrate is a data replication solution for cloud migration that runs as an IO filter in the VMware vSphere hypervisor.
It facilitates the seamless live migration of enterprise virtual machines and their workloads from on-premises data centers to the cloud.
The advantages of this architecture include:
- Live migration supported even when data is replicated on a data transport device
- Live migration without snapshots, for better application performance
- Fault tolerant – if interrupted, data replication continues from point of interruption
- Migration prediction – forecasts time required, optimal data transport method
- Support for migration groups, so interdependent VMs migrate together
- Simple, lightweight deployment and management
For more information about this platform, visit www.jetstreamsoft.com.