JetStream Software Inc., a provider of cloud software development, is releasing JetStream Data Protection. The platform will offer cloud service providers an advanced solution to deliver data availability services to enterprise customers.
The JetStream Data Protection software joins the already available solutions, JetStream Accelerate and JetStream Migrate, as part of the JetStream Cross-Cloud Data Management Platform.
"Data protection is the most common use case for enterprise hybrid cloud," explained Tom Critser, co-founder and CEO of JetStream Software. "So it is no surprise that the market is moving away from legacy snapshot-based replication architectures and adopting continuous replication methods for cloud-based data resiliency."
The JetStream Data Protection software provides a spectrum of data protection capabilities for an on-premises VMware environment, including:
- Non-disruptive continual data replication to the cloud for recovery and failover
- Virtual machine failover to a cloud-based business continuity service
- Virtual machine backup to cloud-based NFS stores and/or object stores
- Policy-based availability for cost-efficient SLA management per recovery group
- Extreme low-latency logging on non-volatile memory
In VMware environments, the JetStream solution enables continuous data capture through the VMware vSphere APIs for IO Filtering (VAIO), ensuring compatibility with the entire VMware environment, including any type of on-premises hardware such as SAN, NAS, Virtual SAN or other hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI).
Because it employs the VAIO framework for continuous data capture, the solution doesn't require software agents in the virtual machines, doesn't require a virtual appliance in the data path, and is a fully supported VMware Ready solution.
Key components of the JetStream Data Protection software include:
- IO Filter: the software component deployed to each VMware host for continuous data capture for every virtual machine in the protected recovery group
- Data Availability Policy Engine: the management component that defines data replication and instance recovery policies for each recovery group
- Low Latency Replication Log: the mechanism for maintaining the replication log, which can be deployed on a highly available non-volatile memory appliance for minimal impact on application performance
- Cloud Store Adapter: software that pre-processes data for backup to a specific object store or NFS store
- Crash-Consistent Data Pipe: high-throughput, multi-channel software connection that provides a crash-consistent transfer of data from the on-premises data center to the cloud destination, ensuring continuous data coherence
- Cloud Acceleration Tier: an extreme low latency data tier in the cloud that enables both zero RPO with data consistency and efficient use of cloud resources
For more information about this news, visit www.jetstreamsoft.com.