LiquidStack, a global provider in liquid cooling for data centers, is offering its new single-phase liquid cooling solution, providing data centers with a powerful and economical option to shift from air cooling to energy-efficient and sustainable immersion cooling.
According to the company, the announcement marks the first step in the company’s planned expansion of its DataTank product portfolio to offer a comprehensive range of advanced liquid cooling solutions.
The product will be available for quotation and pre-order on December 1, 2023. The final product name and additional product details will be announced on that date.
“LiquidStack is unwavering in its ambition to support the future of AI and other high compute processing,” said Joe Capes, CEO, LiquidStack. “Since LiquidStack’s launch, our mission has always been to become a full service provider of the most advanced liquid cooling solutions in the market, and our new single-phase offering is a key step toward completing our liquid cooling technology stack.”
LiquidStack’s single-phase liquid cooling technology delivers industry-leading efficiency and performs better than W32 thermal guidelines set forth by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers at >2.8kW/U, making it suitable for AI.
Its advanced flow technology and flow dynamics significantly improve heat transfer, resulting in a higher performance of >110kW with W32 water.
The LiquidStack solution offers superior efficiency compared to other leading single-phase liquid immersion products, which deliver less than 100kW per full size tank at similar conditions, according to the company.
In addition, it uses non-hazardous dielectric fluids and will be available at pricing of assured value, ensuring favorable total cost of ownership (TCO). Additional features and benefits include:
- Server Scalability: occupies the exact footprint that holds four typical 19” or 21” racks, and is designed to enable data centers to easily retrofit existing white space and adopt liquid cooling
- Flexible for Most IT Systems: integrates multiple IT form factors, including 1U, 2U, 4U, 600mm, 750mm, OCP, ORV3 and more
- Expandable Resiliency: offers an expandable N to 2N Tier IV redundancy system to ensure high resiliency and reliable operations
- Easy Deployment: includes features that simplify installation and serviceability
- Compatibility: fits with LiquidStack modular data center solutions as well as Trane chillers and services
LiquidStack’s single-phase liquid cooling solution will be available for pre-order starting December 1, 2023 for Q3 2024 delivery.
For more information about this news, visit www.liquidstack.com.