Micro Focus has announced the release of the company’s new Data Protector for Cloud Workloads solution, providing data protection capabilities across a wide range of public cloud providers, virtual environments and containers.
Data Protector for Cloud Workloads joins the Data Protector family of products with options for customers to purchase separately or as an add-on to an existing Data Protector deployment.
The need to protect data across traditional and contemporary environments in an integrated, consolidated platform is increasingly important. Data Protector for Cloud Workloads and the Data Protector family of products adds the functionality organizations need with an integrated, comprehensive backup solution that saves cost, time, and resources while increasing data protection.
Key capabilities of the Micro Focus Data Protector for Cloud Workloads release include:
- Microsoft 365 Services data backup support for Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Teams.
- Protection for Cloud workloads in AWS EC2, Containerized workload and management infrastructure including Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Protection for storage providers including Ceph RBD, Nutanix, and SUSE Enterprise Storage
- Broad support for virtual workload management and hypervisor platforms – KVM, Citrix XEN, Oracle, Nutanix, Red Hat, OpenStack, and more
- Protection for virtualized databases and applications including application data and configurations
- Integration with Data Protector to provide a single, comprehensive backup destination and also allowing to leverage additional backup management capabilities included in Data Protector
- Agentless solutions with support for full and incremental application backups
For more information on Micro Focus Data Protector visit here.