Micro Focus has announced the release of Micro Focus File Analysis Suite, offering IT administrators a comprehensive data lifecycle management solution for identifying, managing, and securing sensitive information across the enterprise. As organizations implement protocols to meet national and international data regulations, the Micro Focus File Analysis Suite lowers the total cost of compliance, reduces risk and provides analytical insight and value across high-value and sensitive data assets.
“With Micro Focus File Analysis Suite customers no longer need to choose between traditional platforms that are limited to only offering storage optimization or data access and governance,” said Rick Carlson, vice president, information management & governance solutions at Micro Focus. “Featuring tools that combine detailed information analysis and insight with extensive risk assessment tools our unified solution lowers the total cost of compliance, reduces risk and provides analytical insight and value that creates competitive advantage.”
According to Micro Focus, organizations that are able to gain a deeper understanding of where sensitive and high value data reside are better equipped to protect and secure that data to remain in compliance. Siloed tools cannot address the data governance and security challenges many organizations must overcome.
With the new offering, customers can automatically take action on sensitive data content, current and legacy text files, and can be assured of complete content analysis, indexing, and reporting of file information and metadata in context.
The tools provide identity and access governance, data visibility mapping, and actionable analytics to optimize server efficiency and data quality, ensuring data lifecycle management and data access governance for a unified approach to mitigating the risk associated with managing sensitive data.
New Data Discovery features and capabilities within the File Analysis Suite include:
- Deep data discovery, data classification, audit trails, and analysis to evaluate, detect and govern sensitive/high-value information and optimization associated IT systems and infrastructure.
- Automated tagging, and metadata enrichment with pre-built sensitive data analytics and pattern matching in support of GDPR, CCPA, PIPEDA, POPI, KVKK, as well as PCI, and PHI.
- The ability to implement custom policies and controls to monitor, remediate and proactively manage identities and data access across critical data repositories.
- The ability to create and collaborate around sensitive data within Workspaces to conduct deeper analysis, identify additional data sets, and review of sensitive data.
- Pre-built templates designed to assist in reporting and responding to consumer and Data Subject Access Requests.
- The ability to apply remediation actions to selected files without the need for moving or copying the data from its source (e.g., collect, hold, delete).
- The ability to analyze, tag and manage high-value assets (e.g. contracts, intellectual property, patents etc.) and sensitive personal data (e.g. PI/ PII, PCI, PHI etc.) across unstructured data including files, email, business records, structured data, images, and rich media.
For more information, go to www.microfocus.com.