NetApp, a provider of hybrid cloud data services, is releasing NetApp ONTAP 9.6, the new midrange, end-to-end NVMe AFF A320 storage system and an expanded portfolio of services.
“In advances that are coming our way, like 5G networks, we can see that a company’s ability to generate, gather and disseminate a massive volume of data will be enabled like never before and companies that aren’t ready are going to be overwhelmed,” said Joel Reich, executive vice president, Storage Systems and Software, NetApp. “With NetApp ONTAP, organizations can overcome the challenges introduced by these data-intensive technologies and cutting-edge innovations with a smart, powerful, and trusted solution that maximizes the value that organizations can derive from data.”
By accelerating applications painlessly and by delivering simplicity and security for a future-proof infrastructure, ONTAP 9.6 data management software allows organizations of all sizes to maximize the value of data and take on new data-driven initiatives. ONTAP 9.6 includes the following enhancements:
- Expanded NVMe over Fibre Channel (NVMe/FC) ecosystem now includes VMware ESXi, Microsoft Windows, and Oracle Linux hosts, in addition to Red Hat and SUSE Linux, with storage path resiliency.
- FabricPool now supports Google Cloud Platform and Alibaba Cloud, in addition to Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and IBM Cloud Storage.
- NetApp FlexCache® software now supports NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP, allowing organizations to experience the benefits of FlexCache in hybrid cloud deployments.
- Over-the-wire encryption for NetApp SnapMirror® technology and FlexCache increases security for data replication and remote caching.
- NetApp MetroCluster™ IP support for entry-level NetApp AFF and FAS systems now makes business continuity a cost-effective option for organizations.
Customers can rely on NetApp standards-based best practices and expert engineers to improve efficiency and performance and to protect against business disruption and data loss. NetApp’s expanded services portfolio now includes:
- SupportEdge Prestige offers a high-touch, concierge level of technical support that resolves issues faster through priority call routing.
- Tiered Deployment Service accelerates time to value for new NetApp technology and reduces the risk of improper installation or misconfiguration.
- Managed Upgrade Service is a remotely delivered service that reduces security risks by ensuring NetApp software is always up to date with all security patches and firmware upgrades.
NetApp’s cloud-connected flash solutions, an element of a Data Fabric strategy, provide the simplicity, operational efficiency and protection needed to support innovation, add performance and power the most demanding data sets and technologies, such as artificial intelligence or 5G networks.
For more information about this news, visit www.netapp.com.