Netwrix, a vendor of data security and governance software, has introduced Netwrix Data Classification. This platform, which is built on technology from Netwrix’s acquisition of Concept Searching in December 2018, enables organizations to ensure their data benefits the organization, and is handled effectively, by automatically identifying, categorizing and tagging it with metadata.
According to Netwrix, the data classification capabities enable organizations to:
- Identify sensitive information and reduce its exposure – Data security professionals can identify the data repositories with the most sensitive information so they can secure them first, as well as to detect any PII, PCI, PHI or IP that surfaces outside of a secure location so they can respond promptly.
- Improve employee productivity and decision making – Line of business leaders can foster effective collaboration between knowledge workers and improve business decisions, because data is put into a logical order.
- Reduce costs by cleaning up unneeded data – Organizations can discover redundant, obsolete or trivial information that can be safely deleted or archived, reducing data management and storage expenses.
- Adhere to compliance requirements – Organizations can enforce retention policies based on data type, and satisfy requests from data subjects by finding their PII in minutes.
- Efficiently respond to legal requests – Organizations can minimize business disruption during litigation by quickly finding data that must be put on hold, and protect their reputation by keeping irrelevant data out of the process.
For more information, visit www.netwrix.com.