Dell has released a new version of the KACE K1000 Systems Management Appliance, which is designed to help customers prepare their IT environments for the steep increase in devices, sensors and objects driven by the “Internet of Things.”
Dell KACE K1000 version 6.0 enables organizations to boost their Internet of Things (IoT) readiness with new features that provide greater visibility across their entire IT infrastructure, and create a foundation for improved endpoint security.
Citing IDC figures that estimate that the installed base of the IoT will be approximately 212 billion “things” by 2020, and that this year alone, shipments of smart-connected devices (e.g., PCs, tablets and smartphones) will surpass 1.7 billion units worldwide, Dell says that as more endpoints and devices enter the workplace, IT must deal with increased interdependencies that can create management complexities and challenges.
Securing the IoT with Dell KACE K1000 v6.0
The latest release of the Dell KACE K1000 unifies IT asset discovery, inventory, management and reporting for all endpoint systems and devices through an integrated web-based console, enabling comprehensive systems management. According to Dell, greater visibility across the entire infrastructure will enable IT to improve security without adding undue management complexity or requiring the purchase of disparate tools or point solutions.
Key Dell KACE K1000 features include:
- Agentless technology that extends agent-based management to now track all connected devices, spanning printers, power, storage and network switches, routers, firewalls, and more without having to install software directly on devices
- Broader cross-platform inventory support that provides management of new Mac OSX, Linux and UNIX systems
- Automated software blacklisting to help customers prevent the execution of known malware, harmful freeware and undesirable programs known to contain security threats or vulnerabilities
- A new user interface that further simplifies IT management with customizable views, search and usage functionality, as well as tailored dashboards and home views designed to reduce training, speed task execution and increase overall administrative efficiency.
- A new version of its free Dell KACE K1000 GO app, which provides IT with access to the K1000 from iOS or Android devices. KACE K1000 GO app v2.0 enables end users to submit service desk tickets, as well as check status and access information from a knowledge base—all from their mobile devices.
For moreinformation, visit www.dell.com/kace.