Oracle has added new logistics capabilities within Oracle Fusion Cloud Supply Chain & Manufacturing (SCM). The updates to Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) and Oracle Global Trade Management (GTM), a part of Oracle Cloud SCM, are aimed at helping customers reduce costs, make better planning decisions, and improve customer experience.
The last year tested supply chains to a breaking point and exposed the limitations of older, on-premises systems that don’t provide the flexibility organizations need to run efficient logistics operations, said Chris Cunnane, research director, supply chain management, ARC Advisory Group. “Oracle Cloud SCM’s latest update adds new artificial intelligence, machine learning, and integrated IoT features to improve real-time monitoring of shipments and enhance the efficiency of trade and logistics processes.”
Oracle Cloud SCM helps organizations enhance supply chain operations, improve planning and execution across the entire business, and deliver a better customer experience. The new capabilities within Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management include the following:
- Oracle Logistics Machine Learning:Helps customers leverage machine learning in transportation processes to accurately predict transit times, reduce costs associated with unplanned delays, increase logistics efficiency, and enhance customer experience.
- Rules of Origin Qualification:Helps customers comply with rules of origin criteria across hundreds of different trade agreements.
- Connected Logistics:Helps customers better predict and manage shipments and inventory, while monitoring location and conditions (such as temperature and humidity), by connecting logistic flows between Oracle Transportation Management, Oracle Warehouse Management (WMS), and Oracle Internet of Things (IoT).
- Ocean Enhancements:Help customers automate transactions with ocean carriers, from booking through financial settlement.
- 3D Load Configuration Editor:Provides customers with full flexibility in managing container-based shipments and how they are loaded.
- New Oracle Logistics Digital Assistant Capabilities:A new accelerated access experience and enhanced conversational interface helps Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management customers easily access all shipment information and send requests while on the go.
For additional information on Oracle Cloud SCM applications, visit Oracle.com/scm or the Oracle Supply Chain Management Blog.