Grafana Labs is making new changes to Grafana Cloud, making it both free and easy to have a real, composable observability solution. The new plans make Grafana Cloud more flexible than ever, according to the vendor.
The company is introducing a brand-new Grafana Cloud free plan that gives users everything they need for monitoring: Prometheus and Graphite for metrics, Loki for logs, and Tempo for tracing, all integrated within Grafana.
Additionally, the company is updating the Grafana Cloud plan so that it now includes a ton of new features and five times more metrics.
Easy to use and flexible, with both a free and a transparently priced option, Grafana Cloud provides an observability solution that can suit every use case.
The new Grafana Cloud free plan is a composable observability solution, with metrics and logs integrated within Grafana, and it’s managed completely for free. Grafana is focused on bringing real-time monitoring to our users' hands as quickly as possible, with as little configuration as necessary.
This plan includes:
- 10,000 series for Prometheus or Graphite metrics
- 50 GB of logs
- 14 day retention for metrics and logs
- Access for up to 3 team members
- The new Pro paid plan
- 15,000 series for metrics with 13-month retention (previously 3,000)
- 100 GB of logs with 1-month retention
- Reporting and PDF exports
- Advanced authentication (SAML/OAuth/LDAP)
- Data source permissions
- Team collaboration with dashboard insights and team presence
- Custom domains
Customers using Grafana Cloud Enterprise (renamed Grafana Cloud Advanced) will also benefit from all of the same upgrades to the new Pro plan.
These new and improved features make Grafana Cloud an easy-to-use, composable observability solution:
- One-click integrations: With a growing library of Cloud integrations (such as Go, MySQL, and CockroachDB), users have access to preconfigured dashboards, enabling them to go from blank slate to beautiful Grafana dashboards and alerts in just a few clicks.
- Enhanced alerting: Unified experience for managing powerful Prometheus-style alerting rules for both metrics and logs directly in Grafana.
- Synthetic monitoring: Observe how systems and applications are performing from a user’s point of view by monitoring applications and API endpoints from dozens of locations around the world, without having to instrument metrics.
- Grafana Cloud Agent: This lightweight collector for sending data to Grafana Cloud makes installation even easier.
- Free open-beta access to Tempo, a new tracing solution.
For more information about these updates, visit https://grafana.com/.