Next Pathway Inc., the Automated Cloud Migration company, is extending the capabilities of its cloud migration planning tool, Crawler360.
In this latest release, Next Pathway has improved and expanded the visualization capabilities of this tool, giving clients better insights into the dependencies across data pipelines in legacy data warehouses and data lakes.
The new version also enables users to dynamically create multiple cloud migration wave plans, immediately trigger code translation, and automatically generate test scrips based on their wave plan.
Crawler360 provides an organic and thorough understanding of the critical interdependencies within each legacy data warehouse and data lake.
It automatically scans each object and depicts every ETL pipeline across the multiple data warehouses, allowing users to sort the pipelines by complexity and view control flows, data flows, steps, sources and sinks.
Crawler360 gives users a deep dive into all the objects, data lineage and dependencies within the entire code base. Armed with this information, customers can efficiently select and determine the order of data warehouses to migrate and which data warehouses to decommission safely.
“Our customers are under increasing pressure to move to the cloud to stay competitive and enable digital transformation,” said Chetan Mathur, CEO of Next Pathway. “This transition takes careful planning and execution. At Next Pathway, our focus is on building the best tools to accelerate the end-to-end migration to the cloud, which begins with planning. We are so pleased with this latest version of Crawler360, as it includes substantial enhancements that give clients a holistic view of their legacy systems, making it easy to plan and de-risk a cloud migration.”
The wave planner is one of Crawler360’s most innovative new features, providing users with the capability to:
- Build scenario-based wave plans: Create cloud migration wave plans by tables, data warehouse or jobs dependent on specific applications.
- Profile each ETL by tool type. Specify each job, control flow, data flow steps, sources and sinks for each ETL tool.
- Trigger SHIFT for code translation. Once satisfied with the wave plan, trigger SHIFT to automatically translate code and ETLs to the cloud target.
- Trigger TESTER for test script generation. The user’s customized wave plan will also automatically trigger the creation of test scripts to verify their cloud migration.
- Download for off-line use. Download the output from Crawler360 for further analysis or pull the metadata into other data tools.
For more information about this news, visit www.nextpathway.com.