NuoDB, the elastic SQL database company for hybrid cloud applications, is releasing NuoDB Insights, a graphical dashboard of database and system metrics to help users understand the overall health of their distributed database domain.
Customers can use this information to make decisions about how to optimize and troubleshoot their NuoDB database, its processes, and its associated resources.
“We continue to enhance our elastic SQL database to support our customers as they move to cloud and microservices-based architectures,” said Dirk Hamstra, SVP of Customer Success, NuoDB. “In particular, in this latest release, NuoDB Insights provides valuable database monitoring capabilities, across a distributed database domain, to empower our customers with critical system metrics. As a result, customers can optimize their environment to ensure they’re using available resources effectively.”
Introduced as part of NuoDB 3.1, NuoDB Insights data includes logs, metrics, and other diagnostic information presented in a dedicated and secure website. T
Highlighted features of NuoDB Insights include:
- Improved views into database lifecycle events - Track when you’ve started or stopped processes and examine the database domain.
- Greater understanding of system resources and networking usage - Assess CPU, memory, disk, and networking usages.
- Quick insights into database health - Inspect alarms, logs, and the domain state.
- Enhanced database performance monitoring - Analyze response times and load averages.
NuoDB 3.1 features additional, new, important monitoring, operational, and SQL capabilities, including:
- Expanded data protection. Database Administrators now have additional options for protecting data with incremental backup and restore as well as journal snapshots to enable point-time-time restore.
- Modernized, easy to use database administration. Now in open-beta preview, the new NuoAdmin offers a greatly improved user experience and easier database management and API integration for container environments.
- Expanded SQL capabilities. Enriched SQL functionality, including use of aggregate functions inside an OVER clause, a new pseudo table, and outer to inner JOIN conversions.
For more information about this release, visit www.nuodb.com.