Nutanix, a provider of enterprise cloud computing solutions, and Wipro Limited, an information technology, consulting, and business process services company, are partnering to offer a database optimizing solution.
Wipro’s Digital Database Services (DDS), built on Nutanix solutions for Databases including Nutanix HCI software and Nutanix Era, allows enterprises and users to provision and manage databases just-in-time, without prior knowledge of hardware, database software and associated configurations.
The result is accelerated application release time, allowing database administrators to focus on new innovation instead, according to the vendors.
The DDS offering from Wipro, powered by Nutanix, empowers customers to consolidate their database workloads onto a shared infrastructure to manage database sprawl.
It drives efficiency, agility, cost-effectiveness, and scalability across the enterprise by automating and simplifying database administration. Additional benefits delivered by the joint solution include:
- Cost reduction: Reduction of acquisition and operating costs of database, consolidation and effective utilization of resources (control sprawl, better lifecycle management), better utilization of database administrators’ time by allowing them to focus on innovations and optimizations
- Rapid provisioning: Delivering of services in minutes as compared to days; business lines, database administrators, or non-IT users can consume services through a self-service portal, reducing overall time
- Innovative pricing: The as-a-service model makes cost predictable and easily dispersed to business units, ensuring service quality and customer satisfaction
- Reusability: The solution integrates with other third-party cloud management platform and orchestration tools to help reuse existing investment
- Supportability: Support for multiple database technologies and versions
- Automation: Enabling of greater efficiency and faster change delivery with better quality and predictability
For more information about this release, visit www.nutanix.com.