Oracle is opening the first Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) region in Spain to meet the rapidly-growing demand for enterprise cloud services in the country.
The new region in Madrid will give Oracle’s Spain-based public and private sector customers and partners access to a wide range of cloud services to modernize their applications, innovate with data and analytics, and migrate mission-critical workloads from their data centers to OCI.
“Local organizations and public institutions are taking firm steps to establish Spain as a country focused on technology-driven innovation,” said Albert Triola, general manager, Oracle Spain. “With the opening of the Oracle Cloud Madrid Region, we’re reinforcing our commitment to help our customers take advantage of the best cloud technologies while enabling the highest security standards, availability, and performance.”
The new Madrid region is Oracle’s 40th cloud region worldwide and will offer over 100 OCI services, including the unique converged database capabilities of Oracle MySQL HeatWave and Oracle Autonomous Database.
This complete set of cloud services provided by OCI can help organizations in Spain improve IT and operational efficiency, get faster insights from their data, and build and deploy cloud-native applications, according to the company.
The Madrid region is Oracle’s seventh cloud region in the European Union (EU). It will enable organizations to deploy resilient applications in multiple locations to provide disaster protection without sensitive data leaving the EU. OCI plans to offer new sovereign cloud regions for the EU in Spain and Germany in 2023.
OCI’s extensive network of more than 75 global and regional OCI FastConnect partners offer organizations dedicated connectivity to Oracle Cloud regions and OCI services.
FastConnect provides an easy, flexible, and cost-effective way to create a dedicated, private network connection with higher bandwidth, lower latency, and more consistent performance versus public, Internet-based connections. Interxion, a Digital Realty Company, is the host partner for the new Oracle Cloud Madrid Region’s FastConnect location. Partners available at launch for the Oracle Cloud Madrid Region include Colt, DECIX, Equinix, and Interxion.
Oracle provides a broad and consistent set of cloud services across 33 commercial regions and seven government regions, in addition to multiple dedicated and national security regions that span 22 countries on five continents.
Currently available Oracle Cloud regions:
- Asia Pacific: Tokyo (Japan), Osaka (Japan), Seoul (South Korea), Chuncheon (South Korea), Mumbai (India), Hyderabad (India), Sydney (Australia), Melbourne (Australia), Singapore (Singapore)
- Americas: San Jose (United States), Phoenix (United States), Ashburn (United States), Toronto (Canada), Montreal (Canada), São Paolo (Brazil), Vinhedo (Brazil), Santiago (Chile), Querétaro (Mexico)
- Europe: Frankfurt (Germany), London (United Kingdom), Newport, Wales (United Kingdom), Zürich (Switzerland), Amsterdam (The Netherlands), Marseille (France), Stockholm (Sweden), Milan (Italy), La Courneuve, Paris (France), Madrid (Spain)
- Middle East: Jeddah (Saudi Arabia), Abu Dhabi and Dubai (U.A.E), Jerusalem (Israel)
- Africa: Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Government: Two general U.S. Government regions, three U.S. Department of Defense specific Government regions, several U.S. National Security regions, and two United Kingdom Government regions (London and Newport, Wales)
For more information about this news, visit www.oracle.com.