Pepperdata, a provider of Analytics Stack Performance (ASP) tools, is releasing Query Spotlight, making it easy for operators and developers to understand the detailed performance characteristics of their query workload along with infrastructure-wide issues that impact these workloads.
With this new functionality, query workloads can be tuned, debugged and optimized for better performance and reduced costs, both in the cloud and on premises.
Query Spotlight simultaneously provides detailed information on query resource utilization, along with detailed database views.
Query Spotlight details execution plan skew, poorly optimized queries and historical runtime variance so operations teams can remediate issues as they arise.
Query Spotlight also highlights hot partitions, outdated table statistics, and other system and storage issues.
Query Spotlight lets IT and applications teams easily identify the most expensive queries and quickly optimize their performance.
Query Spotlight provides a 360-degree view, enabling visibility between executing queries and the database tables they access. Benefits include:
- Detailed visibility into query workloads, including delayed and most expensive queries as well as wasted CPU and memory queries, enabling root cause analysis
- A single dashboard for a time-correlated view of your query, database and infrastructure metrics to better understand and manage utilization and performance, including query run summaries, tables accessed and query plans mapped to execution stages
- Faster problem resolution through improved visibility and immediate feedback through real-time metrics
- On premises and cloud resource monitoring, with detailed query cost information
- Support for Hive, IBM BigSQL, Redshift and Snowflake
“Queries represent more than 50% of the analytics workloads in today’s big data environments. Working closely with our customers we have identified key issues they face with queries in their deployments. We are confident that Query Spotlight solves these pain points. Query Spotlight provides targeted insight into query execution, giving customers the answers they need to dramatically increase performance and rapidly decrease costs.” said Ash Munshi, CEO, Pepperdata.
For more information about this release, visit www.pepperdata.com.