Platform9 is now offering new Freedom and Growth plans for their Platform9 Managed Kubernetes (PMK) Service.
“For DevOps teams that want to quickly get started with Kubernetes while ensuring an enterprise-grade experience that can scale with them on any infrastructure, it has never been easier to break free from the operational burdens of running Kubernetes in Production,” said Madhura Maskasky, co-founder and VP of product at Platform9. “Our fully-managed PMK plans automatically handle Day-2 operations, providing users with the peace of mind and freedom to scale from an individual developer to enterprise-grade Kubernetes management with no operational pain.”
Users can sign up online for free with the Freedom plan and instantly deploy Kubernetes clusters of up to 20 nodes (800 vCPU’s).
With plans, users have the freedom to deploy Kubernetes clusters anywhere: from developer laptops, bare metal, or virtual servers to public clouds and edge locations.
In addition, users experience freedom from the complexity of day-2 operations - including automated upgrades, security patching, monitoring, and more.
Platform9’s Freedom and Growth plans are aimed at DevOps, ITOps, Platform Engineering, and cloud architects who are tasked with providing a stable self-service Kubernetes platform to their developers and:
- Want the freedom to use their existing infrastructure
- Do not want to be constrained by the lack of skills, time, and cost to build and operate the platform themselves
- Want the flexibility to start small, learn, test Kubernetes, and scale to production on their own terms and pace.
By simply plugging-in their existing private or public environments (bare-metal OS, AWS, and Azure) to the SaaS Management Plane, users can create multi-master, multi-node Kubernetes clusters in under five minutes on any infrastructure with built-in ETCD backup, Prometheus monitoring, Grafana dashboards, and pre-configured RBAC capabilities, all of this without having to worry about day-to-day operational challenges.
Kubernetes developers and operations teams can choose from the following plans:
- Freedom plan: For teams that are getting started with Kubernetes, the Freedom plan is a zero-cost plan that offers a capacity of up to 3 clusters and 20 nodes (or 800 vCPUs), community Slack support, and built-in critical alerting.
- Growth plan: Teams can get started for under $500/month with a minimum of 3 nodes (120 vCPU’s) and scale as they grow into large-scale production clusters, with a generous capacity of up to 50 nodes (or 2,000 vCPUs), 99.9% uptime SLA, and 24/7 support. Pricing is $160/node/month or $4/vCPU/month with annual billing; month-to-month plans are also available.
- Enterprise plan: For organizations with large and complex infrastructure that require advanced and custom integrations with their existing data center or highly distributed edge infrastructure, this plan provides a white-glove service with designated account and customer success teams, weekly calls, quarterly reviews, and much more. Pricing is customized based on needs.
Every plan comes with an extensive set of core features unmatched anywhere with the flexibility of scaling options, deployment choices, and SLA/support offerings. A detailed comparison of these plans is available at (https://platform9.com/pricing/comparison).