Privacera, a cloud data governance and security leader, announced its successful completion of System and Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type 2 audit for PrivaceraCloud.
A recognized technical audit, SOC 2 requires companies to establish and follow strict information security policies and procedures, encompassing the security, availability, processing, integrity, and confidentiality of customer data.
This latest milestone makes PrivaceraCloud not only the industry’s first SaaS data access governance solution, but the first to successfully achieve SOC 2 certification, according to the vendor.
The new PrivaceraCloud 2.1 release also includes sensitive data discovery and encryption for Databricks and Snowflake and is available on Microsoft Azure.
“Successfully earning a SOC 2 Type 2 certification is a reflection of Privacera’s commitment to following industry best practices to ensure our customers’ data is protected by the highest standards of data security, governance, and privacy,” said Balaji Ganesan, CEO and co-founder of Privacera. “This achievement, and our expanded support for Azure, Databricks, and Snowflake, means our customers can trust that PrivaceraCloud is the industry’s most secure path to migrating their analytical workloads to the cloud and centralizing their data access governance.”
PrivaceraCloud is a fully-managed service that provides data governance capabilities across public cloud services through a single, unified interface.
PrivaceraCloud’s SOC 2 Type 2 certification proves to its customers that its systems and processes are designed to protect their sensitive data and includes a stringent, formal audit of:
- Access management policies
- Systems, information, network, infrastructure and personnel security
- Risk assessment
- Business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Acceptable use
- Corporate ethics
In addition, PrivaceraCloud 2.1 now offers:
- Expanded accessibility with new support across Microsoft Azure’s tech stack, including: ADLS Gen2, Databricks, Microsoft SQL (MSSQL), Snowflake, and Synapse on Azure
- Sensitive data discovery for Databricks and Snowflake so customers can discover, classify, and tag sensitive data in their Databricks and Snowflake environments on AWS via PrivaceraCloud’s data dictionaries, pattern matching, and models
- Encryption and decryption for Databricks and Snowflake, enabling customers to leverage PrivaceraCloud’s encryption APIs frictionlessly across multiple users within their organizations to achieve truly secure multi-tenancy
For more information about this news, visit https://privacera.com.