Progress, a provider of application development and digital experience technologies, has announced the results of its 2020 Data Connectivity Survey. With more than 1,800 IT and business professionals from 13 industries worldwide participating, the results reveal new trends and areas of focus in enterprise data management, including system modernization, cloud migration, data protection, and data quality.
Key survey findings include:
- Data quality is critical, with 44% of respondents saying it’s a key challenge (a huge jump from 14% in 2017).
- Cloud migration, now an integral part of everyday business operations, is the top modernization project for 2020, with 56% currently working on or planning projects.
- Real-time hybrid data connectivity has risen in importance as organizations are looking for ways to connect their cloud apps to on-premises data, behind a firewall, while connecting data from across hybrid, multi-cloud environments.
- System diversity is normalizing, with over 55% using both Microsoft and Linux-based systems.
- More than half of the respondents with regulatory requirements are migrating data and applications to the cloud, indicating that organizations have overcome prior concerns about cloud security and data protection.
“The world of data connectivity and data management is rapidly evolving, influenced by a variety of business and economic factors–something we are witnessing right now,” said John Ainsworth, SVP, Core Products, Progress.