Provectus, a Silicon Valley artificial intelligence (AI) consultancy, is releasing UI for Apache Kafka v0.2, with new features including support for switching read direction of topic messages, running KSQL queries directly from UI, and producing messages on Kafka topics.
These new features enable developers to efficiently monitor data flows and find and troubleshoot issues in data while delivering optimal performance, according to the vendor.
Previously announced in July, UI for Apache Kafka is a free open-source web service that provides developers with a user-friendly UI for monitoring and management of Apache Kafka clusters.
The lightweight dashboard makes it easy to keep track of key metrics of Apache Kafka clusters, including Brokers, Topics, Partitions, Production, and Consumption, without having to use additional CLI tools.
This results in faster reporting, reduced time to resolution and minimal engineering silos, making the development process more efficient, according to the vendor.
New features added in UI for Apache Kafka v0.2 include:
- Switch read direction of topic messages
- Run KSQL queries directly from UI
- Produce messages to topics
- Reset or change offset in Consumer Group(s) in specific partitions
- Delete topics using multi-selection
- Purge messages of multiple topics using multi-selection
- Support a topic’s partitions count increase and replication factor update
- Configure UI prefix
- Support integrations with Amazon MSK and IAM
- Support authentication for Schema Registry
- Delete Consumer Group(s)
- Display replication factor field in topic list
- Display Apache Kafka cluster version
- Sort topic list by replication factor
- Display the number of messages and size in topic list
- Provide cleanup policy in topic list
- Display a state of Consumer Group(s)
- Provide additional information with messages
- Support a TLS-secured ZooKeeper cluster connection
“The release of UI for Apache Kafka v0.2 is a significant milestone for the team,” said German Osin, senior solutions architect at Provectus. “By enhancing the original UI for Apache Kafka, we offer the entire engineering community a robust product with an unparalleled number of mission-critical features for monitoring and management of Apache Kafka clusters. It can be a make-it-or-break-it product for companies dealing with all types of streaming data.”
Provectus will continue to improve UI for Apache Kafka v0.2 by adding new features and reinforcing existing ones, to reduce pressure on engineers to hustle, and reduce time to value for the AI/ML, data, and analytics solutions they are working on.
For more information about this news, visit https://provectus.com/.