Pure Storage, a data solutions provider delivering a modern data experience, is releasing its third-generation all-NVMe FlashArray//X, providing customers with higher performance.
With Pure Storage’s Evergreen Storage model, customers can enjoy access to continuous innovation from Pure Storage that includes these and future updates to its product and solutions suite.
“Evergreen is still one-of-a-kind in the data storage world because it allows customers to benefit from future features and innovations from Pure Storage without delays, interruptions or expensive, painful migrations,” said Prakash Darji, general manager for FlashArray, “Pure Storage Customers can rest assured that their investment in Pure’s next generation FlashArray//X, optimized for future updates coming from Purity//FA, will continue to deliver better results than the competition.”
The latest generation FlashArray//X allows customers to accelerate and consolidate database and enterprise workloads, extend them to the cloud, and modernize their data protection strategies.
All of the enhanced features, functionality and performance of FlashArray//X are also available through Pure as-a-Service utility-based consumption model.
Pure as-a-Service offers unified hybrid cloud data services, enabling customers to deploy on-premises, in colocated or hosted environments or in public clouds - all with a unified subscription, common functionality and a full cloud experience.
Benefits of the new FlashArray//X:
- The new FlashArray//X can drive performance gains up to 25% versus the previous generation FlashArray//X with updated controllers that feature new Intel Xeon Scalable Processors formerly named Cascade Lake, announced this week by Intel.
- Customers can accelerate enterprise application performance including SAP HANA, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server. SAP HANA OLAP with NSE performance increases up to 50% over the previous generation //X non-disruptively, with no migration required.
- Customers can accelerate and consolidate DAS Applications such as PostgreSQL and MySQL for increased efficiency and improved time-to-market.
- MySQL testing yielded up to 50% faster performance at 35% lower latency compared to DAS
- PostgreSQL testing yielded up to 20% faster performance at 35% lower latency compared to DAS
- Support for NVMe-oF and Storage Class Memory enable FlashArray to provide latency as low as 150µs providing the performance required for the most demanding enterprise databases and maximum density to shrink data center real estate requirements.
For more information about this news, visit www.purestorage.com.